We will NEVER knowingly recommend a procedure that could compromise your health, appearance or well-being.
Conveniently located to serve Newport Beach
Hand rejuvenation is a cosmetic surgical procedure that utilizes various techniques to restore the youthful appearance of one’s hands.
The hands are one of the only body parts constantly exposed to the worldly elements. As we age, we naturally lose skin elasticity and volume. Aged hands reveal the tendons and bulging veins through the thin and weathered skin. Volume is not the only issue as hyperpigmentation and age spots also begin to emerge.
Ideal candidates for hand rejuvenation are those looking to:
- restore volume and diminish the appearance of veins and tendons
- improve skin discoloration and tone
- decrease wrinkles and age spots
- reverse sun damage
- achieve smoother skin
Hand rejuvenation can be addressed surgically or nonsurgically depending on the findings and the desired end results. Some of the common treatments include:
- Radiesse. A semi-permanent injectable which lasts longer than hyaluronic acid fillers.
- Laser skin resurfacing. A laser light used to address pigmentation and fine lines.
- Microdermabrasion. A skin surfacing procedure that uses micro-crystals to exfoliate the superficial layer of skin.
- Chemical peel. Chemicals peels can be used with results that are comparable to laser.
- Fat transfer. This can be done using your own fat. Unlike a filler this is a surgical procedure with long lasting results that restore youthful volume to the hands.
You should expect some swelling and bruising but this will vary depending on the particular treatment. You can resume normal activity in as little as three hours to three days again depending on the procedure. Oral pain medication is only needed with the surgical procedure. Simple at-home remedies like resting and applying ice are encouraged for a faster recovery.
In order to protect the hands and extend the procedural benefits, it is important to moisturize daily and avoid excessive sun exposure. Temporary fillers typically last a year. Injections are repeated on an individual, as-needed basis.
Before & After Gallery
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of Kessler Plastic Surgery
- 01 What is Hand Rejuvenation?
Hand Rejuvenation refers to a group of cosmetic procedures designed to restore a youthful appearance to the hands by adding volume and eliminating areas of hypopigmentation.
- 02 How is the Hand Rejuvenation performed?
Hand Rejuvenation can be performed in several ways.
- Dermal Fillers: These tiny injections provide temporary improvement to bony hands by adding volume and shape.
- Chemical Peels: A chemical solution is applied to the hand, which then sloughs off the upper layer of the epidermis. Rough, damaged, or hyper-pigmented areas will be replaced as new, smooth skin begins to form.
- Laser Resurfacing: Using a concentrated laser light pulse, targeted areas with rough or scarred skin, as well as unsightly age spots, can be eliminated through the resurfacing treatment.
- Fat Graft: Fatty tissue, removed from a donor area, is injected into the back of the hand through a very small needle. Fat Grafts will restore fullness to the hand, eliminating a bony, thin appearance.
- 03 Who is a good candidate for a Hand Rejuvenation procedure?
Men and women, frustrated with the deteriorating appearance of their hands, due to the normal aging process, can make excellent candidates for a Hand Rejuvenation procedure.
- 04 Where is the Hand Rejuvenation performed?
Dr. Kessler performs surgery at a nearby accredited outpatient Surgery Center.
- 05 Is any anesthesia used during a Hand Rejuvenation procedure?
Hand Rejuvenation techniques are generally performed with a local anesthetic, although IV sedation may also be required.
- 06 How long is a Hand Rejuvenation procedure?
The length of a Hand Rejuvenation procedure will depend on the exact technique used; this can range from less than 30 minutes (Dermal Filler injections) up to 3 hours (Hand Fat Transfer).
- 07 What can I expect during the recovery from Hand Rejuvenation?
Patients can expect a short recovery period after most Hand Rejuvenation procedures, although this is determined by the specific technique used. Generally, only minor discomfort will be experienced.
- 08 When can I return to work after a Hand Rejuvenation procedure?
Patients who undergo Dermal Filler injections will be back at work the same afternoon. Chemical Peel, Laser Resurfacing, and Fat Transfers may require a few days off before patients feel well enough to return to work or school.
- 09 Will there be scarring after my Hand Rejuvenation?
Hand Rejuvenation procedures normally leave no visible scarring.
- 10 How long will the results from Hand Rejuvenation last?
The results from Hand Rejuvenation may be temporary, as with Dermal Fillers, Chemical Peels, and Laser Resurfacing; Fat Transfers provide long lasting benefits.
- 11 What are the risks involved with Hand Rejuvenation?
Hand Rejuvenation is considered safe and effective. The rare risks include infection, scarring, poor healing, and area numbness.
- 12 Can I finance my Hand Rejuvenation?
Yes, Dr. Kessler happily accepts healthcare financing through CareCredit, as well as cash and all major credit cards. Contact Kessler Plastic Surgery for more information.
Your Hand Rejuvenation will be performed in Dr. Robert Kessler's surgery center located in Corona Del Mar.